Maybe you’ve heard of Feltman™, the award winning diabetes education tool developed by Diabetes Victoria and the Victorian Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation. Well, the Feltman™ family just got bigger with the arrival of Feltmum™, a diabetes in pregnancy add-on kit for Feltman™.
Each Feltmum™ kit includes:
- A felt baby, wig and uterine artery
- A set of 21 stick-on prompt cards
- A set of stick-on discs and keys showing glucose, insulin and pregnancy hormones
- A Feltmum™ Key Messages booklet
- A USB stick loaded with an instructional video (also available on YouTube)
The Feltmum™ kit provides Aboriginal families with culturally appropriate, evidence based information about diabetes in pregnancy in a visual format which is easy to understand.
To find out more about Feltmum™ please email Colin Mitchell, Aboriginal Liaison Officer at Diabetes Victoria, or call (03) 8648 1833.